Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dr. Stravagante presents: Jane by April Lindner

Description from Goodreads

Forced to drop out of an esteemed East Coast college after the sudden death of her parents, Jane Moore takes a nanny job at Thornfield Park, the estate of Nico Rathburn, an iconic rock star on the brink of a huge comeback. Practical and independent, Jane reluctantly becomes entranced by her magnetic and brooding employer, and finds herself in the midst of a forbidden romance. But there's a mystery at Thornfield, and Jane's much-envied relationship with Nico is tested by a torturous secret from his past.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Jane by April Lindner is a modern retelling of Jane Eyre. Jane Eyre has become Jane Moore, a student without home, money and the love of a family, forced to leave college and find a job. Mr. Rochester is now Mr. Rathburn, a rock star with a little daughter tortured by his past.  
I had my doubts about this book in the beginning (I am usually wary of retellings), but, after reading a really good review written by a blogger I trust, I had to pick up Jane and I’m so glad I did!
I believe I finished Jane in barely two days (a record for me) and I loved everything about it.  The author has an elegant writing style and the power to capture the reader’s attention from the first to the last page.
Sometimes, while reading Jane, I had the feeling I was watching a movie, so bright and vivid the descriptions are.
April Lindner succeeded in modernizing the story and make it more appealing  to younger readers. The author transformed what she had to, to create a believable plot where every piece of the puzzle fits together perfectly. Jane and Nico become characters I feel so real and that’s what make this story so special to me. However this beautifully written book is not only for younger readers, but also  for everyone who likes passionate love stories and, in particularly, who adores Jane Eyre and wants to rediscover a timeless classic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Traduzione della trama presa da Goodreads

Costretta ad abbandonare uno stimato college della East Coast dopo la morte improvvisa dei suoi genitori, Jane Moore accetta un lavoro come tata presso Thornfield Park, la tenuta di Nico Rathburn, una iconica rockstar sul punto di un grande ritorno. Pratica e indipendente, Jane rimane controvoglia affascinata dal suo cupo datore di lavoro dal fascino magnetico e si ritrova nel bel mezzo di una storia d'amore proibita. Ma c'è un mistero a Thornfield, e il tanto invidiato rapporto di Jane con Nico viene messo alla prova da un oscuro segreto dal suo passato.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Jane di April Lindner è una moderna rivisitazione di Jane Eyre. Jane Eyre è diventata Jane Moore, una studentessa senza casa, soldi e l 'amore di una famiglia, costretta a lasciare il college e trovare un lavoro. Mr. Rochester è ora Mr. Rathburn, una rockstar torturata dal suo passato con tanto di figlia piccola.
All’inizio avevo i miei dubbi su questo libro (sono di solito diffidente dei rifacimenti), ma, dopo aver letto una buonissima recensione di un blogger di cui mi fido, dovevo assolutamente recuperare Jane e sono davvero contenta di averlo fatto!
Credo di aver finito Jane in appena due giorni (un record per me) ed ho amato ogni piccolo particolare. L'autrice scrive in modo elegante ed ha il potere di catturare l'attenzione del lettore dalla prima all'ultima pagina.
A volte, durante la lettura di Jane, ho avuto la sensazione di stare guardando un film, essendo le descrizioni così vivide e brillanti.

April Lindner è riuscita a modernizzare la storia e a renderla più appetibile per i lettori più giovani. L'autrice ha trasformato tutto ciò che era necessario per creare una trama credibile, dove ogni pezzo del puzzle combacia perfettamente. Jane e Nico sono dei personaggi che sento come reali ed è per tale motivo che questa storia è così speciale ai miei occhi. Tuttavia questo libro splendidamente scritto non è solo per giovani lettori, ma anche per tutti coloro a cui piacciono appassionanti storie d'amore e, in particolare, che adorano Jane Eyre e vogliono riscoprire un classico intramontabile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jane Book Trailer



6 comments:

  1. I'll admit I'm not a usually a fan of this type of book but this one sounds very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really like the original version, but it would be interesting to see what the author did with the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I think the author was courageous retelling the jane eyre's story, it's an hard task...

    jane eyre is one of my favourite books ever, I love the Bronte sisters so I have to admit that I'm a little bit sceptical..but I trust you ;) so I think that I'll read it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Not a fan of this genre but this looks great. I might buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great read, good reveiw

    ReplyDelete